Getting TestFlight back in the air
Following the upgrade to iOS 7, a few of us found that we weren't able to use TestFlight to install apps on our devices. Any attempt to reconnect the device by re-installing the profile resulted in an error about the device not being activated.
The problem seems to be related to having installed the iOS 7 betas, possibly even the way that the beta was installed. Various searches online didn't lead to any successful fixes. The process I used to get TestFlight working again is as follows:
Please note: this process requires you to wipe your phone. Do so at your own risk!
- Backup your iPhone in iTunes then unplug the USB cable
- Go to Settings > General > Erase > Erase All Content and Settings
- Setup your iPhone as a new device (don't restore the backup yet)
- Login to TestFlight and connect your device (this bit might not be necessary as you'll need to do it again later)
- Use iTunes to restore the backup that your made earlier
- Login to TestFlight again and connect your device
This process results in the phone being registered with TestFlight without losing any data or settings.